TLP’s Commitment to Quality
ISO 9001 Certified Quality Systems
Customers like you have been counting on TLP since 1984 for an unsurpassed level of personal commitment to your label and die-cut adhesive needs – an attribute that shines in the rigorous quality standards we uphold.
Visit TLP’s facilities, and you’ll quickly see these commitments come to life – with a Quality Management System that is ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016 (automotive industry) certified as starting points – in the precise, efficient operations that your challenges demand.
ISO 9001 Certified
TLP holds ISO 9001:2015, which is widely acknowledged as the fundamental quality management system.
Automotive Quality Standard / IATF 16949 Certification
Additionally, TLP holds the IATF 16949:2016 certification (formerly TS 16949) as a Tier 1 automotive label and die cut part supplier, enhances these quality processes, providing benefits for all our customers.
- Enhanced product and process quality with tools such as failure mode effects analysis
- Improved on-time delivery
- Reduced defects and waste
- Greater emphasis on continuous quality improvement
- More consistent, thorough auditing performance and results
Our approach involves all elements of a label or adhesive to determine potential variables such as roll quality, die cuts, color, clarity, etc. It’s about reducing those variables in every way possible, so the results are consistent across multiple, non-consecutive runs.
Exceptional Customer Service. Passion for Innovation.
ASK THE LABEL ENGINEER
Quality Systems at Tailored Label
Does TLP have quality management systems that are ISO certified?
Yes, TLP’s quality systems are certified to both ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949: 2016. We have maintained both certifications through internal and external audits.
What’s the difference between ISO & IATF?
IATF 16949 is an extension of ISO 9001 as it was built on the same foundation. However, IATF dives deeper into customer specific requirements, focusing on the automotive industry through the International Automotive Task Force (IATF). ISO 9001 is focused on customer satisfaction and can apply to any type of industry.
What is a PPAP or FAI?
PPAP standards for Production Part Approval Process. FAI stands for First Article Inspection. These are much the same concept, but different industries tend to use PPAP and FAI interchangeably.
Why do I need a PPAP and does TLP offer this quality option?
Yes, TLP can provide your team with a PPAP or FAI at the necessary level of your requirements.
A PPAP or FAI:
* Ensures that TLP can meet the manufacturability and quality supplied to you by minimizing or eliminating the risk of product failure
* Ensures that production personnel understand and can follow design requirements
* Provides customer satisfaction and enhanced partnership because we prove that we can provide exceptional quality with every label we produce for you
* All PPAP/FAI/SIR’s are not identical. We work with each of your special requirements.
* Once the PPAP is approved, no modifications can be made without your consent. If a deviation is considered a change order needs to accompany such a request.
Can we do onsite audits?
Yes, customers are welcome to audit us on an agreed upon date.