A Closer Look at TLP Corporate Citizenship
TLP is, first and foremost, a company of people. That’s why we’re so closely connected and committed to the communities in which we do business.
At TLP, we believe that taking care of our customers also includes taking care of the communities in which they live. We’re closely connected and committed to these communities in which we do business. TLP is very intentional about having a positive influence in the lives of people throughout our community.
From a wide variety of community involvement and charitable initiatives to a comprehensive sustainability program, we’re determined to keep touching the lives of people in every way possible.
Touching the Lives of People (TLP) – What started in 2007 as the team name for a cancer-research run has expanded into a company-wide program to coordinate all our “in-kind” giving and volunteerism. Employees share the types of opportunities and charities that are important to them. From day of service events to team building at charity walks, TLP takes a hands-on approach to helping. Together, we ask and answer the question: “When, where and how can we help?”
Key Community & Charitable Efforts
American Heart Association – What began as a team fundraising effort for the Milwaukee Heart Walk has transformed into a year-long focus on heart health for our employees and their families and friends including CPR Awareness Training, Blood Pressure Challenges and the Annual Heart Walk Fundraiser.
Zachariah’s Acres – TLP employees take part in a variety of activities all in support of the mission of Zachariah’s Acres to connect children with special needs, and their families, with the miracles of nature. Day of Service events have included wreath-making and a variety of improvement projects on the 48-acre parcel to which they are blessed to call home.
TLP also support numerous other organizations – Among the many who have benefitted from time and money donated by TLP employees are the Menomonee Falls Area Food Pantry, Community Memorial Hospital Foundation, Medical College of Wisconsin Cardio Research Center, Waukesha Historical Society, Wisconsin Water Fowl Association, Interfaith Senior Programs, Wheeling for Healing, Koebel Golf Outing, KFMGO – American Heart Association, Firefighters Ride Volunteers, Steve Cullen Heart Healthy Run/Walk, and the Komen Race for the Cure.
Environmental Sustainability Program
At TLP, we believe green business is good business – providing our customers with measurable competitive advantages in terms of efficiency and reduced use of costly resources. If you’re looking for a supplier to help you meet rising environmental standards, we’re the right choice.
- Green Team – A cross-functional team continuously comes up with new ideas for green initiatives that impact both our facility and the outside environment as a whole.
- Energy-efficient lighting – Our LED, fluorescent and induction lighting system uses less energy, provides more light and is more cost-efficient to run.
- New high-efficiency air compressor – This installation provides a significant energy saving over our previous system.
- Product development according to sustainability best practices – We switched our plate-making process from a solvent-based process to a more environmental-friendly, water-based process.
- Other environmental initiatives – Two sets of doors in shipping and receiving save energy for heating and cooling while maintaining the environmental integrity of our production area; a ride-share program helps reduce outside emissions; a widely adopted program recycles all paper, glass and cans; and much more.